We noticed some delays with Scarlett's speech when we took her for her 3 year old check up. I'd been aware of some communication barriers because she was always with me but I was hopeful she'd just outgrow them. It turns out that she needed some speech therapy. She absolutely loved it. Her therapist's name was Val and she was a great fit for Scarlett. Scarlett worked hard everyday whether she wanted to or not. Val pushed her through all her barriers. We are very grateful. It made a huge difference at home. We were able to understand her more and meet her needs better. It was a long time coming, with our fair share of tantrum filled days, but Scarlett graduated with a smile on her face!
It may be just because I think Scarlett is adorable, but she seemed to charm everyone at therapy. They threw her a big graduation party and they even had some of her favorite treats there. She even got to invite her other therapy friends to join the party.
I don't think Scarlett realized that the party marked the end of our visits with Val. She asked to go to therapy for a long time after her graduation. We loved our experience there! We are happy to say that Scarlett is very verbal and usually does a great job communicating with us now.
No comments:
Post a Comment