After our day at the fair, we decided to do something a little calmer and quieter the next day. The Sjobloms were still with us, and Brekke is an artist, so when a museum was suggested we jumped on-board. Robert and I both like to visit museums and look at the art and our kids are well behaved enough that we thought we were up for the challenge.
It turns out it was a really good activity. I really enjoyed myself and the kids were awesome.

Scarlett woke up from a nap at the museum and needed some reassurance. She wasn't sure where she was and she hadn't been in a comfortable place for a couple of days. It's amazing how much children are comforted by being at home and in an environment they recognize. Nonetheless, she was still a perfect little trooper.

The museum consisted of an indoor portion and an outdoor courtyard. The featured artist at the museum, Tony Cragg, did a lot of pillars that had hidden profiles within them. I had Robert be my profile model. I really liked all the pillars. Each was a bit different and they were so interesting because you found a different profile at every angle. I don't know how someone can think so three-dimensionally. Not to mention, there were smaller profiles within larger ones. Amazing.

Inside, while Scarlett was napping, Nate and I played some peek-a-boo for Robert and the camera. You can see a bit more of the profile pillars in the background.


Nate is getting so good with his reading. He wanted to practice by sounding out the artist's name, the title of the piece, and the materials used. He did surprisingly well.

I don't know if you can really see this, but Robert is one step in front of Nate in the picture. They look
exactly the same. Like father, like son.
No comments:
Post a Comment