Be Ambitious
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanksgiving this year was really special to me. It was the first time that we had family over and I cooked. It was so much fun to plan the meal and make it. We had tons of good food that day. Before I get to the food, we welcomed my parents, Harold and Teresa, and my youngest brother, David, and his wife, Abby, and their daughter, Riley to our home.
Dinner was served relatively early because we needed to digest before digging into dessert. I went a little overboard on dessert.
We had ribs for Thanksgiving. Hey, we live in Texas! And I think I'd prefer to stick with the ribs and make it a tradition. Robert did the ribs and they were delicious. They were a Bobby Flay recipe, of course. There was a yummy chipotle sauce on them. Ummm...
We had the ribs, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, cranberry sausage stuffing, brussel sprouts with bacon, cranberry sauce, and rainbow jell-o. So tasty.
The kids were great and loved most of the food. Except the brussel sprouts; it's a requirement to not eat brussel sprouts when you're a kid.
Fast forward a few hours and it was time for dessert. I made a banana cream pie, a toffee apple pie and a triple chocolate cheesecake. They were all from scratch except the graham cracker crust on the banana cream pie because I didn't have another pie plate. I was especially proud of the toffee apple pie. I'd never made a pie like that before completely alone and it turned out so good. I think I love making pies! Anyway, to add to that my family brought a pecan pie and an apple pie. And, of course, you have to have Blue Bell ice cream to eat with the pies! I think I'm full just thinking about all this food again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tsk-tsk. "...didn't have another pie plate." Pfft!
Post a Comment