Be Ambitious

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving afternoon was really mellow and quiet. It was just what we all needed. We sat around and watched TV, read and talked. It made me to grateful for all I had to sit and share the company of so many people that I love.
David and Abby were so great to have. They are so chill. They were happy to go anywhere and do anything. In this picture, David reminds me a lot of my dad.
Nate worked really hard at school to construct a book about the first Thanksgiving. He sat on my mom's lap and read it to her,
Then he went and sat next to my dad and read it to him.

This year I was reminded, just like every year, of all the things I'm grateful for.

For good health (we've had a lot of trouble with this in Houston.)
For a good home.
For good schools for my men to attend.
For food to fill our stomachs.
For the easy company of family.
For the generosity of family.
For the experiences I've shared with my family.
For the blessings of the Gospel.
For the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
For forgiveness from loved ones.
I am so grateful for all these blessings and so much more. Thanksgiving is one of the more special holidays for me. I want to be aware of the goodness in people and in life all the time and Thanksgiving is always a time when everyone is trying to do the same.

No comments: