Rather than deviate from the norm, (learned my lesson) Robert got his rainbow chip cake. I think he was happy. It only took me three different supermarkets to find the stuff. It's getting harder and harder to find rainbow chip. Even thinking about using funfetti is blasphemy.
Be Ambitious
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Robert turned 30!
2011 was a big one for Robert. He hit the big 3-0. I'm not going to say he handled it flawlessly. There was the thought that since he was turning 30 he should have accomplished more. I think an 8 year marriage, two beautiful kids, a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, and an almost completed PhD is pretty impressive.
Rather than deviate from the norm, (learned my lesson) Robert got his rainbow chip cake. I think he was happy. It only took me three different supermarkets to find the stuff. It's getting harder and harder to find rainbow chip. Even thinking about using funfetti is blasphemy.
I tried really hard to get a gift for him that was special. You don't turn 30 more than once and for some reason there's a negative stigma attached. So, I emailed his family and friends and asked for their favorite memories of Robert. I found a small trinket to go with each memory and put them all in a basket. I was fortunate enough to get 30 memories for 30 years. It was fun to see his face light up as we were both reminded of all the good times he's had. He's got a wonderful family and has made some terrific friends.
Happy Birthday, Babe! Hey, is that a wrinkle...??
Rather than deviate from the norm, (learned my lesson) Robert got his rainbow chip cake. I think he was happy. It only took me three different supermarkets to find the stuff. It's getting harder and harder to find rainbow chip. Even thinking about using funfetti is blasphemy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment