This summer we decided that we had to visit Dallas for the State Fair of Texas before our time in this great state expired. We'd been planning it for awhile with our friends, so when the weekend actually came we were ready to do some Texas size playing. It was a lot of fun and it did not disappoint. We did so much in the day we were there and we had so much fun visiting with our friends.
I am so behind on my posting and I'd like to be caught up with all my posting by the end of the year that I'm going to give the Reader's Digest version of this trip.

This was actually taken near the end of the day. It's exactly our family. Scarlett's telling us she's done and tired of being ignored, Nate's pulling faces and being cool, and between Robert and me one of us always has our eyes closed for the family pic.

We vacationed with our friends the Sjobloms and the Keys. This is Nate with the twin Keys boys, Connor and Jace. They were great buds and I was so glad Nate had some boys to play with.

I was trying to capture the day with our kids and this is what I got. I love it!

These slide pics are out of order, but Nate and Audrey Sjoblom decided to tackle the giant slide. Nate had a great time...I'm not so sure about Audrey.


Siblings. I find this picture awesome.

Sampling the fair food. I'd never had a funnel cake. I got mine with strawberries on top. I thought it was really good. Robert got a spicy chicken thing that you dipped in maple syrup. Definitely fair food, but ya gotta do it when you're there!

Nate and Audrey loving the cotton candy.

Nate got to choose just two rides. I understand now why my parents didn't let all five of us kids ride all the rides we wanted. It adds up super fast! Nate chose a great ride that tilted and spun. I loved it. Robert and I kind of have to rock, paper, scissors who rides with Nate on these rides because we both love doing it with him. Look at his face!

More food happiness.

Scarlett rockin' her cowgirl look. Boots, demin and pigtails. I kinda hope she's always my Texas girl.

Audrey, Nate, Jace and Connor.

They had a miniature farm for the kids to go through and play in. Nate's plowing the fields.

There was an aquarium to take the kids through. I stayed outside with Scarlett so she could run, while Robert took Nate in. Nate loves aquariums and I think the ones that allow him to touch are just awesome.

Playing on the farm again with all the friends. Avery, Jace, Audrey, Connor and Nate.

I really need to get Nate into some soccer clubs. I think he'd have a great time.

Chevy had a display at the fair and Bumblebee was there! Nate was in heaven.
The fair was so much fun and I really believe it was because of the company we shared. Texas has been so kind to us that way. We recommend checking out the Texas State Fair to everyone who is interested in going!
No comments:
Post a Comment