Nate got home from school and was so excited to see all the gifts he'd been left. Scarlett was really excited, too. Robert and I couldn't wait to see our kids' faces light up so we got started right away.
We did have to get some preliminary pictures, though.
They first did their stockings and Scarlett got alphabet letters and numbers refrigerator magnets. We had fun playing with them for awhile but the kids' interests quickly shifted back to the other presents waiting to be opened.
I feel like I should insert this somewhere before all the pictures start. There are a lot of pictures! There would be more but I have to some how edit the quantity. It is so hard and there are so many great pictures. Christmas just makes everyone so happy!
Scarlett's wildest dreams came true when she got both Brave and Finding Nemo! Robert's wildest dreams came true when he realized they were in 3D. He was just as anxious as the kids to start watching one!
Nate was a very good present picker for Scarlett this year. He got her a My Little Pony and Disney Princess pens.
I love this picture of Robert. He has a great smile. Anyway, I thought he needed some new shoes and these were quite dapper. I couldn't say no.
Nate got some great new clothes. He looked so snazzy for Sunday.
It seems that most Christmases take on themes with us. It's completely unintentional. This year's Christmas theme for Robert was bow ties.
Scarlett got some great clothes too. She loves her pink cardigan with flowers on it.
She also got a shirt dress that I would wear if it came in my size. She got matching boots and tights to complete the ensemble.
My Christmas always includes a new cookbook. I love the tradition and hopes it stays alive for many years to come. Cooking and kitchen gadgets were my Christmas theme this year.
Scarlett's first My Little Pony. Can you see her oooohing and ahhhhing?
Scrabble is a classic game and I couldn't help getting it. I am so excited to play it with Nate. It's also going to be handy to practice spelling words.
So, little back story here. I am a huge fan of Christmas and I love giving. I love people's faces. Especially when it's a little over the top and unexpected. Last year I found Robert a really nice gray suit for a steal. He told me not to do that again because he felt like he didn't get to reciprocate appropriately. Of course, I don't need him to reciprocate and, of course, I didn't listen. We had been out shopping for fun one night and ran into a great jacket. Robert does NOT need any more clothes but this was just so perfect for him and he loved it. So, when the sale was on and I was armed with coupons I went back to the store to get him his jacket. The first picture is him realizing I didn't listen.
This second picture is him thinking, "Really? You did this again?" He thought I'd purchased another complete suit. I'd had to throw him off the scent because he'd almost guessed I got him this jacket, so I used the first thing that came to mind that would distract him and that happened to be another suit.
Yay! A new cardigan. I love them so much and wear them pretty much daily. All the dumb silverfish here in Houston have gotten to a lot of my favorites so Robert replaced a few.
This is Nate confused about why his sister would get him a Nintendo 3DS game since he doesn't even have a 3DS. He'd begged Santa in a letter for one, but he didn't get it....
Scarlett got a giant Magna Doodle from Santa. It was the best thing ever for the 18 hour drive to Arizona.
What's this?! Santa did get Nate a 3DS for Christmas! Nate was so excited and happy that all the pictures with his 3DS didn't turn out because he was smiling so big his eyes were closed. This was also an ingenious gift from Santa because it kept Nate entertained during the drive as well. Santa is one smart dude!
So concludes our early Christmas in Houston. We had so much more fun ahead of us in Arizona!
No comments:
Post a Comment