Be Ambitious

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Christmas in Casa Grande

A few days after Christmas we had one final get together in Casa Grande. It was really nice because we got to see the family that had been outside of Arizona for Christmas.
Robert's brother, CW, and his wife and kids joined us for our third Christmas gift exchange.  Wow, we are spoiled!
They gave Scarlett a little tea set and she loves it.
Nate was given Lego Star Wars for his Nintendo 3DS.
I was given a Microplane, which I've been wanting for a long time, and some great olive oil and whole nutmeg. 
CW got his remote control car too, so all the boys went outside to play with their new toys.
Baby Charlie loved them!
So did Scarlett.  I think she forgot they weren't hers!
I love pictures of Robert and Nate playing together.
We needed an updated photo of all the grandkids.  Left to right we have Charlie, Jonathan, Alessandra, Nate and Scarlett.
What a cute bunch of kids.  Seeing them all together really made me wonder at how blessed our family is.  To have such a good family who is involved in our lives and loves us unconditionally really moves me.  I think about what it's like to have all these beautiful, pure spirits in our family and I want to remember it forever.  We are so blessed to have them all.  I'm excited to watch them as they grow up and add to our family.  I know that's far into the future, but the older I get and them more involved in family I become I realize how family is the most important thing in my life.  I wouldn't be nearly as happy without them. 

Christmas this year was an outpouring of love for us.  We live in a time that even though we live far from our families we are still able to see them regularly.  That's a great blessing to Robert and I and also to our kids.  It's wonderful for them to have these memories and I hope the memories are mostly of how loved they are.  Our Savior's Plan of Happiness is what has become my greatest treasure.  In celebration of our Savior's birth I got the closest I've ever been to paradise.  It's maybe cheesy but it was a witness to me of the existence of my Heavenly Father and His hand in my life.

1 comment:

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

That doesn't sound cheesy one bit. It sounds beautiful. And so true. I love you! Remember when Bob smoked us all in Clue? That was fun :)